Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Ikat Love

Hi everyone! I don't know about you, but I've been on a bit of an ikat kick lately. One of my favorite parts of my job is that I get to be surrounded by beautiful fabrics and furniture on a daily basis.  I love it when customers seek and appreciate my design abilities in selecting their furniture and making their home beautiful.  I also love it when I get to choose fabrics for items we'll have on our showroom floor.  Last week I had fun with an ikat fabric that I love!  We are ordering in a transitional frame with the wheat colored fabric as the base cloth, and the other two as pillows.  It will be perfect for the coming Spring months.




I spotted this lampshade at Target a few weeks ago and carried it around the store for a good half an hour trying to decide if it needed to come home with me.  I ended up putting it back, only because it wasn't on sale and I couldn't justify it at the time.  I think it would be perfect on the lamp next to my sofa though, so I'll be keeping my eye on it to see if it goes on clearance. 

Blue Ikat Print Lampshade Quick Information
Source
Then I got to thinking about other ways you could incorporate ikat into your home decor. Here are some ideas.


Put it on your walls!


Source
Source
Source

Cover your windows.

Source
Source
Source
Use it on an old chair or throw a pillow on your sofa.

Source
Source
Source

Add an ikat accessory like a bowl, lamp, or area rug.

Source
Source
Source
I especially LOVE that rug! Do you have any current fabric obsessions?  

No comments:

Post a Comment