Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Goodwill Lamp Transformed

I finally found a lamp for my living room at Goodwill a few weeks ago. I was looking for a cheap lamp that I could spruce up, so that I can get rid of my ugly torchiere floor lamp.  Here it is before. Ugly brass, but with great curves.

 
I wrapped up the electrical parts in some aluminum foil and painters tape and primed the base on one of the few sunny days we've had here lately. 

I originally painted it with a silver metallic spray paint, but didn't like the way it looked.  I actually liked the white primer better than that!  So I primed again, and finished with a few coats of Rust-Oleum's Heirloom White.  Here's the new lamp in my living room.  The linen drum shade was on sale at Fred Meyer.  I've seen some great painted shades on Pinterest so I may attempt that someday.
  

 
 
 
Linking up to:
 

TDC Before and After

No comments:

Post a Comment