Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Zebra Print Table

 

Wow...it has been a while since I've posted!  My computer (well Mark's computer that I have been using) crashed on me so I haven't been able to access the internet at home except for on my phone.  I finally have a new laptop so I can fill you in on all the happenings around here. 
 

 
My living room is coming along nicely!  My new sofa was delivered last week, but the pillows (which are the best part) aren't here yet so I don't want to post pics of that quite yet.  I have had lots of time to work on projects since I haven't been preoccupied with Facebook, Pinterest, and whatever else it is that takes up so much of my time.  The first that I will share is the makeover of this table that my mom bought me from a garage sale.  It was in terrible shape, but had really pretty, delicate lines.  I actually wondered if it was an antique because of those lion head pulls and matching numbers on the drawers and table frame, but I couldn't find anything about it online so I figured I would go ahead and paint it.  Hopefully I didn't just destroy a valuable piece!

 


The table actually sat in my guest room for several months because I couldn't decide what to do with it. It seemed daunting because of the shape it was in. I ended up sanding it down, filling some dents with wood filler and priming it before I even decided what color to paint it. 


I finally decided that because it is so delicate looking, it had to have some pink on it somewhere, but I didn't want the whole table pink. Because I'm doing coral and navy in my living room, I chose to paint just the bottom 5 inches or so of the legs coral to give the illusion of being dipped in paint. Then I was inspired by a chest I found online to paint the drawers zebra print. If you know me, you know I am usually not into animal prints, but I thought this table could use a little something special on the drawers.  I also replaced those lion head pulls with more contemporary glass knobs.  (You also get a sneak peak at my sofa in these pics!)


I actually love the way this little table turned out, but I may end up selling it eventually.


 
Here's one last before and after. 
 
 
 
Linking to:
 
TDC Before and After

1 comment: