Saturday, July 21, 2012

Treasure Hunting

A few days ago I had a couple of hours to myself so I took to one of my favorite activities...thrift shopping!  I went to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore first where I like to look at both furniture pieces and the leftover paints.  I didn't know this until a few months ago, but you can buy gallon containers (sometimes almost full or never opened) for $3 and quarts for even less!  This trip I scored a gallon of Ralph Lauren Peacock Blue interior paint that I have yet to decide what to do with, but it was such a pretty color, I couldn't resist.


The next stop was a consignment store in town called The Arc.  I found several small tables that were definite prospects for revamping, but didn't end up getting any that day.  Maybe I will go back and see if they've been marked down at all next week.  This one has some Moroccan inspired lines, so I can totally see it in that high gloss Peacock Blue paint, can't you?!




 
And this one I just love but it is a little vertically challenged, so unless I can figure out a way to make those legs longer, it may not work for me.  I could definitely use it as a piece to sell (I would pull off those leafy embellishments and paint it), but I'm trying to mainly work on pieces that I can use in my own home for now. 



 
Next I spotted this table and chairs set.  I can see maybe painting it cream, leaving the top wood and staining that a darker color.  I could easily reupholster the chairs, but I think painting the whole set may be a bigger project than I'm willing to take on right now.  Especially in a tiny 2 bedroom apartment with very little outdoor working space.  Someday... 


Anyway, my next post will highlight the pieces I DID purchase that day and their transformations!



No comments:

Post a Comment