Friday, July 13, 2012

Cream Coffee Table

Flexsteel Industries, Inc.
 Some of you may know that I work at a furniture store here in town, so I get inspired on a daily basis by new pieces that come in.  I immediately fell in love with this coffee table from Flexsteel.  It is a cream distressed table with a glass top from their Garden Walk Collection.  When I came across the table below for free, I thought it the perfect candidate to attempt my own version of this table.
  


While I did like the original color of the wood, the table did have some damage to the surface so I decided to go ahead and paint it.  The Flexsteel table has a brown glaze over the distressed cream paint, but when I attempted that, my table turned pink. I think I needed a darker brown paint to create the glaze.  At this point though, after having to repaint the entire table cream, I decided to just distress the table and not apply a glaze. 

 

 
Can you see evidence of kitties anywhere in this picture?  Apparently I didn't keep them out of the room long enough to let the paint cure.  Oh well, nothing a little sanding and another coat of paint can't fix! 


I wish the glaze would have turned out, but this will have to do for now...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment