Thursday, September 13, 2012

Navy + Coral

I ordered my new sofa yesterday, and I am very excited about it!  I thought I would share a few of the considerations I took into account when picking it out.

Picking out the frame wasn't difficult.  I have loved the sofa below since it came to the floor of the furniture store I work at.  It is a great classic style and can work in both contemporary and transitional rooms.  I had an "ah-ha" moment, as a coworker would say, when I sat on it for the first time.  It is a great length for my space, has detachable and flippable cushions which will extend the longevity of the sofa, and is made right here in Oregon.  Our economy needs all the help it can get, so I love that part!

Source
The next step was selecting the fabric.  I knew I wanted to do a neutral fabric for the body of the sofa and I needed something that is tightly woven (preferably a microfiber) that my cats won't destroy.  The one I eventually chose is a warm grey that goes fabulous with the fabrics I fell in love with for the accent pillows.  I was inspired by this navy and coral bedroom by Kate at Centsational Girl.  

Source
 I LOVE the two colors together and when I brought home the fabrics I was considering, I realized they actually worked really well with the painting I did last week.  

My new sofa should be here within a month, and I look forward to sharing the photos with you all.  In the mean time, here are some beautiful coral and navy rooms that have inspired my choices.

Source
Source

Source
Source
Source




No comments:

Post a Comment