Monday, June 25, 2012

Birthday Surprise

 For my mom's 50th birthday, my dad, brother, sister and I decided to give her a new bedroom!  She has lived with an outdated and overly nautical bedroom for far too long and was ready for a change.  Her favorite color is purple so I found a beautiful comforter at Target (we were on a tight budget) and designed the room around that.  We ended up doing the whole room for under $400.  I was happy with the way it all came together and most importantly, she loved it!   Here are the before and afters. 




  I went hunting for the perfect chair to use for her vanity.  I found this one at a local used furniture store for $12.  The architecture of the chair caught my eye and knew it had potential with just some new upholstery, foam cushioning and a fresh coat of paint.  I absolutely ADORE the way it turned out and even went back to the store to see if they still had its pair so I could have one for my own room.

No comments:

Post a Comment